Hey! By the way… any links on this page that lead to products on Amazon are affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks in advance for your support!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post where I may earn referral credits or points when you sign up. I do not share any sites that I do not personally use and enjoy enough to pass along to you. All ideas are my own and are not affected by the potential compensation.
Everyone wants to have money but finding the time or motivation to make money is another story. My dad always told me to work smarter not harder so I’m going to let you in on a few of my little secrets to make money without much effort.
- 1 1. Swagbucks
- 2 2. Ibotta
- 3 3. Walmart Savings Catcher
- 4 4. Shop at Grocery stores or Gas stations that offer Gas Points
- 5 5. Find out what Reward Points you get for your credit card each month.
- 6 6. Red Card from Target
- 7 7. Save all of your change!
- 8 8. Use the Acorns App
- 9 9. Digit App
You’ve probably heard about this site before but if not, you’re in for a treat. At first I used this to answer surveys and did make a good amount, but I also put a lot of effort into it.
- I soon found out that if you set it as your search engine you get anywhere from 6-15 cents every few times you search for something. There’s no secret formula for when they reward you, so just search naturally and it will add up. The 10 cents every now and then doesn’t sound like much but it quickly adds up if you look for information as much as I do.
- Online Shopping– When you go to websites it will ask you if you want to activate shopping. For every purchase you make online you get a certain % that is gifted back to your account if you activate shopping. Some sites are as high as 7% back. Now let’s think about this for a second. Say you order a $500 tv on Black Friday or Cyber Monday using Swagbucks shopping. You just earned yourself another $35 of savings on top of the low price you bought it for. SCORE!
- My favorite part about this is that you can redeem it in a bunch of different gift cards or directly into your Paypal account. This works great for presents or just when you’re low on cash!
- You can sign up by clicking here. By answering a few questions about yourself and completing your profile, your profit will quickly go up!
This is an awesome app where you can scan your groceries after you buy them and get money back. The best part is that you can scan them as you put them away which means barely any extra effort. It’s usually the items that don’t go on sale like vegetables, fruit, meat, milk, eggs, etc so that’s some nice extra savings. All you do is answer a question to unlock the coupon ahead of time then scan the bar code on the items using your phone camera. If you sign up using this link, when you redeem your first rebate, you’ll get $10 automatically!
Every time you shop at Walmart (in store), you simply scan the bar code of the receipt using your Walmart app and voila! They do all the hard work of comparing prices and refund you the difference. I’ve saved quite a bit this way by simply shopping!
4. Shop at Grocery stores or Gas stations that offer Gas Points
You get the things you need and get rewarded for shopping there. Everyone uses gas so why not take advantage of this if you regularly shop at a certain grocery store. Ask for one of their member cards and start saving today!
5. Find out what Reward Points you get for your credit card each month.
Some months they give you % back for groceries, some is online shopping, and others is for gas or retail stores. Make sure you stay on top of your rewards that month and use your credit card to purchase those items. I pay with my credit card and immediately pay it off. You get the % back and still keep your credit card balance low!
6. Red Card from Target
I use the debit card option which means you’re not taking out a credit card! It is linked directly to my bank account and I get 5% off all of my purchases at Target just for using it! Not to mention, if you download the Cartwheel app from Target you can scan the bar code on your purchases before you get to the register and it tells you what in store coupons they have for that product. Click add to cart and scan your app at the register when you check out. These are super simple savings with barely any effort!
7. Save all of your change!
Get a two Liter bottle or an empty milk jug. Wash it out really well and rip the label off. Whenever you clean or find change put it directly into this jug and don’t take anything out of it. Cash it in when it’s full and enjoy the hundreds of dollars you saved up without trying!
This is for those of you who don’t usually carry cash around. I always pay with a card so I never have any actual money to add to my piggy bank. This automatically rounds up any of my purchases with my card and puts them into an account. The cool thing about this app is that it not only saves your money, but it also invests it so you can make even more. You can choose if you want to invest conservatively or aggressively. There is a $1 fee a month, but we’ve earned much more than $1 from these investments. Click here to start saving money!
9. Digit App
This is my favorite way to make money without trying! You simply connect the app to your bank account (it’s safe and secure), and it analyzes your spending habits. It sees how much money you spend on extra things each month or have leftover after all of the bills come out. It slowly sneaks money out of your account and into a separate account to help you save without knowing it. We’ve saved hundreds of dollars without even realizing it, making it a great way to save up for Christmas and birthday presents! Click here to get started!
These are super easy ways to make money without much effort. You can rake in the savings even more if you combine them! Use your rewards credit card to pay for something you bought online through Swagbucks to rack up savings even faster! For some apps to save money be sure to check out this post too! Don’t forget to subscribe if you like what you’re reading!